A: We will be happy to give you an estimate before we start. Our fees will depend on the size of the task and the expertise required.
A: Definitely not. We would love to meet you either at our office or yours to find out how we can help.
A: 2 pieces of ID, one of which shows your photo.
A: You can park outside the office. However, there are limited spaces outside both Cardiff and Bridgend offices. Please plan your journey ahead and consider alternative public parking.
A: If your existing accountant is offering you an excellent pro-active service at a fair fee then stick with them. However, different accountants will save you different amounts of tax and provide different levels of business advice. If your present accountant doesn't offer the type of service you want, then changing over to us is very easy. It involves just one letter from you and we take care of everything else. Your existing accountant will not usually charge you for providing the normal handover information.
A: We can't over-emphasise the importance of tax planning at an early stage, as opposed to crisis-driven advice. Ideally, you need to consider tax planning before the tax accounts year even starts - the earlier the better. The same is applicable to all areas of advice. We want to help you change the future, not just report what has already happened.
A: Yes. It often helps to see your business, books and records at first hand. We are always happy to invest our time without charge to show you what we can do. Of course, if you prefer to visit us, that's fine too.
A: When's good for you? If you need to see somebody urgently, we're always out and about and can arrange to see you very quickly.
A: All we can say is that, as accountants, hopefully you would expect us to be analytical and detailed. As such, do you really think we would offer you something we couldn't deliver? Our clients are used to this level of service. You are also more than welcome to speak with some of our existing clients who have the experience of our service. See What Our Clients Say.
A: We will be happy to arrange payment by standing order, monthly or quarterly as you prefer.
A: Yes, we offer our services via email and we are able to set you up with a confidential client portal where you can receive documents from us and sign them.
A: We care about getting things rights for our clients. Success for us means a happy client who is confident to recommend us to their friends.
A: Yes. We try always to return a call or email the same day. If you call us you will be able to talk to our experts who will be able to help you.
A: We have dedicated staff at hand ready to provide you with quick and easy payment options.
A: As personal and business advisors, we understand cash flow can cause issues from time to time. We would welcome you to get in touch in order to discuss this with our dedicated credit control team.
A: Yes, we can arrange this when you decide to join us.


A: This will depend on what system you use and how up to date you are with your bookkeeping. We will work with you to meet statutory deadlines.
A: HMRC drive this process and control the timescales, we will help you drive the process forward.
A: About 7 years. Keep them in the loft with the date on and burn a box every year.
A: Unfortunately, this is not possible. Salary must be reported to HMRC through an appropriate PAYE scheme to comply with RTI (real-time information) legislation. Contact our team today to discuss how you can extract the most tax efficient remuneration.
A: With upcoming changes in how you must report to HMRC, we are looking to use digital means of communication with our clients. So join the revolution and just go digital!
A: There are various advantages and disadvantages to both. Some factors to consider could be the following:
  • The type of industry you will be trading in.
  • Whether you have any other sources of income outside of the trade.
  • The effect it will have on your market position e.g. some of your customers or suppliers may prefer to trade or do business with a limited company as opposed to a sole trader, or vice versa
These are just some of the factors to consider. Please get in touch with our team today who can guide you through what’s best for you in your situation.
A: No, your tax liability is based on the profits that the business earns. Your drawings are an anticipation of the profits of the business, which you can draw against. If you leave any monies in the business, you will pay tax on it.
A: Making Tax Digital. For more information look at our Making Tax Digital page.
A: Yes we prefer to avoid posting things and paper in general. Most of our clients use digital software based accounting systems and deal with us using email and pdfs.
A: We will check you are drawing the right expenses and getting the correct tax deductions.
A: Yes we can. Contact us today.


A: You will receive a £100 penalty and also a very expensive vet bill!
A: No, you should ensure payment is with them by the due date, otherwise interest will be charged.
A: All of your taxable income needs to be included, even if it doesn’t end up affecting your tax position for the year.
A: If you are UK resident and domiciled here, you’re taxable upon your worldwide income.
A: Rental needs to be calculated because, even if your mortgage payments match the income, they are not necessarily allowable for tax relief.
A: Visit https://www.gov.uk/pay-self-assessment-tax-bill for information on the various methods of payment.
A: You should always ask us to check your PAYE code because HMRC get so many of these wrong, sometimes leaving people with large tax bills at the end of the year.
A: No, you can register now and, as long as you meet the relevant criteria, you can claim as far back as 2015/16 to receive a tax refund.
A: If you don’t complete your return by the 31st January, you will be fined £100. HMRC will send you a notice asking you to complete a return.
A: We will help you answer their questions. We have an insurance scheme available that you can join. This will help pay fees and deal with the HMRC investigation.


A: If HMRC has sent in an amended tax code for you, this could be either because you owe tax from a previous year or that you have new income that changes the code.
A: This could be to do with the ages of the employees as the national minimum wage/national living wage differs depending on your age.
A: Everyone is entitled to a minimum wage for their age, visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for information on the minimum wage for certain age groups.
A: You are able to claim against Class 1 National insurance that you’ve paid, up to £3,000 each tax year. You are unable to claim the allowance if you’re a director and the only employee paid through the business; if you employ someone for personal, household or domestic work; or if you’re a public body or business doing more than half your work in the public sector.
A: Yes our service can be delivered through a bespoke confidential portal where you will find all your information.
A: Yes, we run weekly and monthly payrolls.
A: We will submit your payroll information directly to HMRC under RTI. Yes, we can help you manage stakeholder pension reporting.
A: Absolutely. If you give our specialist team the information they need, in the format requested, we will ensure your payroll is run on time.


A: From April 2019, all VAT registered businesses with a turnover above £85,000. You will need to use a third-party accounting software to file your VAT Returns. Please get with our VAT experts today to ensure that you are compliant.
A: The current VAT threshold by HMRC is a turnover limit of £85,000 for VAT registration. You can of course opt to register for VAT if your turnover is under the threshold. There are also various schemes such as standard rate, flat rate and cash accounting. Get in touch today to discuss with our VAT specialists.